Should aspiring actors make their portfolio?
HOW TO MAKE A PORTFOLIO?
Every youth moves to Mumbai and gives their auditions by visiting various casting directors and their production houses. Youths tend to get worried about how and when they will be getting their work in Bollywood. Youths have to keep patience as the process of giving auditions and getting selected for any particular role takes time. But along with the procedure of giving auditions and sending profile videos to the casting directors, is it necessary to make a portfolio of themselves? Let’s have an outlook on whether aspiring actors need to make a portfolio or not.
· In today’s era, it is not mandatory to make portfolios unless it is asked by the casting director, himself.
· Youths can click pictures from their phone instead of falling into anyone’s trap and send them to the casting directors if they are asked for them.
· Portfolios are mandatory for the field of modeling and TV serials in the present era.
· Youths must share portfolios every month based on how they look or how they have changed their looks.
· Portfolio must include the peer’s introduction clips and demo reels.
· With the digitalized age, the importance of headshots has been reduced to a great extent but if the casting director asks the youth to include their headshots along with the portfolio, they must include it.
· Portfolios must include demo reels as it is a great tool to land acting gigs. With a demo reel, every youth can showcase their skills as an actor.
HOW TO MEET THE CASTING DIRECTORS?
Every youth must visit the casting directors during the evening as they can easily connect with their peers at that moment. During the morning to noon timing, the assistants of all the casting directors take the auditions of every youth so it is highly recommendable to connect with the casting directors personally during the evening.
For sending the portfolios of youths, one can email at-:
· Youths who are interested to join acting institutes in Mumbai must stay which offers to have reasonable hotels and PGs. One can easily give their auditions in Andheri West where all the auditions take place. Youths can find their own rented houses or PGs in Versova which is very near Aram Nagar, Andheri West. Each shoot related to ADs of commercial products is done in Mhada. AD’s studio and offices are located here which is beneficial for every youth to carry forward with their auditions.
AUDITION PROCESS FOR BOLLYWOOD MOVIES-:
Every youth urges to move to Mumbai and perform their skills and talents in front of the casting directors. Youths give their auditions in front of many production houses and casting directors but very few of them and the deserving ones get selected for various roles in the films. Let’s have an outlook on how the youths can crack the Bollywood auditions for getting work in Bollywood films.
· Sending profile to the casting directors is mandatory for all the youths. Every youth must click a decent amount of their photographs without editing them and send them to the casting directors. The selection of youths is also incomplete without their monologues.
· Youths must introduce themselves in a very proper way and they need to approach the casting directors.
· Youths must ask smart and crisp questions about the character they will be auditioning for. This way the casting director will find out the way that the aspiring actors are quite serious about their profession.
· Youths must learn their lines before the auditions thoroughly as it helps the casting director to get impressed. Before delivering every dialect in front of the casting director, youths must be verbally prepared for it.
· Youths must be respectful towards the casting director and other crew members of the production house. There must be a breach of boundaries between the casting director and the aspiring actors.
· Aspiring actors must use their accounts smartly as whenever the casting directors see the youth profile, he/she automatically gets selected. Social media accounts help them research, and thereafter, the casting director sends their teams to sensation those youths.
· Aspiring actors should not message the casting directors incessantly as the youths think that if they keep buttering the casting directors, they will land the role someday. Those greeting card days are gone.
LEARNING SCRIPTS AND MONOLOGUES-:
For giving any audition or playing a role in any TV serial or movie in Mumbai, every youth must know how to learn the scripts and monologues given to them by the casting directors. Apart from learning the scripts, every youth also can improvise their way of delivering the scripts. Let’s have an outlook on how youths can learn and practice with their scripts and monologues.
· Every youth read any script or monologue more than 5-10 times as it will help them to understand its meaning and once they repeatedly go through the monologue, they will be able to deliver in front of the casting directors without any hesitation.
· Every youth must highlight the lines and once they are done doing that, they must also go through the scripts again and highlight their character’s lines.
· Practicing the scripts or monologues loudly helps to learn that in faster way.
· The step-by-step memorization forces every youth to remember the transitions, which were where good acting takes place.
· Stay calm and keeping a positive attitude towards the performance of every youth also helps them to nail their memorization skills.
Many peers who cannot go directly to Mumbai and give their auditions can give their auditions online mode. The Struggler is a platform where any youth can receive information online as this platform leads the youths to get proper guidance through known actors, casting directors and producers. It has offered two forms of courses which includes an online acting course and online audition updates. Through the online acting course, any youth can learn various forms of acting, crack live auditions, and get feedback from the casting directors quite easily and effectively whereas online audition updates include daily audition updates from the casting directors, leading them to prepare themselves much more efficiently.
For more information, feel free to visit our website www.thestruggler.in
Blog writer- Ms Nandita Dhar
Blog writer- Ms Nandita Dhar