HOW TO BECOME A MODEL?
HOW TO BECOME A MODEL?
Every young person travels to Mumbai to audition for various casting directors and production houses. Youths are often concerned about how and when they will find work in Bollywood. Youths must be patient because the process of auditioning and being chosen for a specific role takes time. In the field of modeling, the same procedure applies. Let's take a look at how to become a model.
Commercial modeling and fashion modeling are the two types of modeling.
· Commercial modeling entails: Commercial modeling is a type of modeling that focuses on assisting a company in marketing, selling, or branding a product or service. It is possible to do this for print ads, commercials, and other forms of advertising. It varies depending on the brand, but it is generally indicative of a more approachable and realistic appearance.
· Fashion modeling-: Fashion modeling has much stricter requirements than commercial modeling, making it more difficult to break into. Models typically walk the runways for high-end fashion houses. This is more artistic and creative than commercial modeling. It is pricey, aspirational, and luxurious. Kendal Jenner, Miranda Kerr, Gigi Hadid, Bella Hadid, Tyra Banks, Heidi Klum, Adriana Lima, and others are among the fashion models.
HOW TO SEND PHOTOS TO A MODELLING AGENCY?
If you are just starting as a model in India, you should consider joining a modeling agency. Finding the right agency and sharing your images with them is a time-consuming process for a beginner. Different agencies have different submission processes, and you may not be aware of all the techniques that best represent your work.
Online submission is the most common and convenient way to share your images with an agency. That being said, there are four ways to submit photos to an Indian modeling agency.
· Email: You can email them your most recent images as per the agency's requirements, along with your profile.
· Website submission: Some agencies accept website submission, which requires you to fill out an online form and upload your images.
· Social media: You can try approaching on social media platforms, but most reputable agencies do not prefer this. This usually occurs after you have shared your images on the internet.
· In-person: To share your images, you can attend a casting audition or schedule a personal interview. This usually occurs after you have shared your images on the internet.
You may be aware that the majority of applications receive no response ( except an auto acknowledgment email ). In most cases, this is not due to a lack of talent. If the application does not meet their criteria, agencies usually do not respond. No one has the time to reach out to each talent individually and explain why their application was rejected.
STEP BY STEP: HOW TO SEND PHOTOS TO
A MODELLING AGENCY ONLINE-:
You ought to have your images ready to go by now. If you clumsily send the pictures, the agency is unlikely to consider you as a serious candidate. Follow these steps to avoid the most common blunders when submitting photos to modeling agencies.
· Make a list of the modeling agencies you want to contact: Conduct preliminary research to examine the profiles of various modeling agencies and the talents they represent. Few agencies prefer international models to Indian faces, work only with experienced models, or represent more actors than models. You should also consider the location. Some agencies, for example, are more powerful in Mumbai than in Delhi, or vice versa. Select agencies that meet your needs.
· Examine the submission process: Most agencies will guide you on how to apply a new model. The information is available on their website. Check out the submission page of Inga and Sourabh, two of India's top modeling agencies. You'll notice that one prefers email submission while the other accepts website upload. Keep the submission process in mind and always follow their instructions. Send the same email to all agencies without first checking their specific requirements.
· Evaluate the size of your photos: Most modeling agencies receive a large number of portfolio images via email, and no one enjoys going through large email attachments. If you send too many images as a large email attachment, your message will most likely be deleted before it is opened. Try to keep your file size per image between 400kb and 1MB. As a best practice, keep email sizes under 3MB.
Request smaller (less than 500kb) versions of your portfolio images if you worked with a photographer for a portfolio shoot. Be professional and diligent: This may seem like a given, but it is crucial when dealing with a modeling agency. You must present yourself as a serious candidate. Check for grammatical errors and proofread your email.
Being a model entails more than just looking good. Agencies anticipate that you will be articulate in your communication. As a model, you will have to interact with a lot of people, and their opinions will be formed based on your behavior. As a result, pay attention to these details from the start of your career.
HOW MANY PICTURES SHOULD YOU SEND TO A MODELLING AGENCY?
If you've done your research, you've probably discovered that most agencies specify the number of images they expect in a portfolio submission. There is no specific number for this process if it is not mentioned by the agency. However, if you are sending your portfolio via email, limit it to 4 to 10 images.
Do not include all of your favorite images in your portfolio. To make things easier, I've compiled a list of the most common images that modeling agencies seek.
- Face – left profile
- Face – right profile
- Smiling shot
- Mid-length shot
- Full body shot
WHERE TO SEND PHOTOS FOR MODELLING IN INDIA?
There are various agencies you can approach depending on where you live in India. Because I am more familiar with Mumbai modeling agencies, I would recommend the following for portfolio submission:
Inga-: Inga is one of India's most well-known modeling agencies. Inga, which was founded in 1990, represents some of India's top local and international models. The agency has also created a diverse range of advertising work for television and still photography. You can send your portfolio to Inga by emailing email@example.com. Please read their submission guidelines by clicking here.
Anima Creative Management -: In the talent management industry, Anima Creative Management is a well-known name. They have a long history in the industry and are well-known for representing some of the best Indian and international models for fashion, film, and advertising. Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your portfolio to Anima Creative. Please read their submission guidelines by clicking here.
Sourabh: Toabh is a Mumbai-based modeling agency that you should be aware of. They represent a wide variety of models. Some of them are well-known figures. Sourabh accepts model portfolio submissions via website upload. You can access their website by clicking here and following the instructions.
Feat Artists: Founded in 2018, Feat Artists is a more modern talent agency. They represent diversity like no one else and bring a new perspective to talent management in India. Models of all genders, ethnicities, ages, and body types are encouraged to apply. They, in my opinion, represent the most diverse models in India, each with its distinct features.
They welcome website submissions. Here is where you can submit your portfolio.
Remember that modeling agencies receive hundreds of applications each day and will only select a few for further consideration. Don't miss out on an opportunity because your application was inadequate. Pay attention to every detail of the process and present yourself as a professional. The success of aspiring actors in getting jobs is determined by their performance in auditions. The number of auditions is unimportant; what matters is the caliber of the aspiring actors who perform in front of the casting directors. As a result, moving to Mumbai is not required for aspiring actors to give online auditions, as they can do so easily and effectively online.
THE BEST PLATFORM TO LEARN ONLINE ACTING COURSES-:
The good news is that you can hone your skills without spending a fortune on acting classes. You can now attend seasoned, award-winning acting classes from the comfort of your own home, thanks to the proliferation of online acting courses in recent years. Furthermore, The Struggler offers online acting classes for beginners. We are fortunate to have a team of outstanding employees who work closely with businesses and are committed to assisting our students in succeeding and finding employment. They assist our students in developing the confidence and skills required to believe in themselves and achieve their goals.
For more information, feel free to visit our website www.thestruggler.in
Blog Writer- Ms Nandita Dhar
Blog Writer- Ms Nandita Dhar